Make-A-Wish® Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Referral Intake Coordinator. This is a full-time position based in Columbus, OH.
The Referral Intake Coordinator reports to the Director of Volunteer Programs.
The Referral Intake Coordinator manages the first points of contact with parent/guardians of referred children and referring medical professionals. The Referral Intake Coordinator assesses a child’s eligibility for Make-A-Wish in alignment with established standards and medical criteria determined by the National office of Make-A-Wish. This position is the careful gatekeeper of the entry point to a child’s wish journey.
- Assess Make-A-Wish eligibility of an assigned caseload of referred children in alignment with national criteria standards set by Make-A-Wish America. Serve as parent/guardian liaison to Make-A-Wish throughout a child’s eligibility assessment. Job functions include, but not limited to:
- Initial contact to confirm child’s referral and introduce Make-A-Wish
- Relaying child’s eligibility determination
- Collect information from medical professionals necessary to determine if a referred child’s medical condition meets Make-A-Wish criteria.
- Record appropriate updates in database management software (Blackbaud) and chapter-specific forms and processes.
- Analyze data and generate reports related to eligibility progress to assess process efficiencies and practices aimed at delivering exemplary service to entire constituency including, but not limited to, referring medical professionals and potential wish children parent/guardians.
- Achieve individual, regional and chapter-wide goals as determined by the Director of Volunteer Programs including, but not limited to intake timelines, referral quantities, relationship building, and mission delivery.
- Engage in cross-team collaboration and support to promote best practices for the wish enrollment experience.
- Maintain confidentiality of records, including, but not limited to medical information provided by parents, guardians and medical professionals.
- Formulate recommendations and make decisions [related to donor strategies/donor operations/revenue-development training] that follow established standards and do not financially impact the organization in substantial ways.
- High School diploma required.
- 1-3 years experience in administration, clerical, or social work.
- Commitment to and a passion for the Make-A-Wish mission.
Full Job Description